In Florida, Condo insurance isn’t a luxury… it’s a necessity! While your Condo Association may cover the outside of your unit, if you don’t have your own insurance, you are at risk. Your condo association insurance doesn’t cover all property inside the walls (e.g., all floor, wall & window coverings; appliances & fixtures; air conditioning & heating equipment & water heaters; cabinets & countertops; personal property and all belongings).
Most Florida Condo Insurance Policies includes:
- Unit Building Items floor, wall & window coverings, appliances, fixtures, cabinets, countertops, etc.
- Personal Property your belongings such as furniture, clothing, electronics, etc.
- Additional Living Expense normal expenses in the event you forced to leave your unit due to damage
- Loss Assessment reimbursement for funds that your Condo association may require from you due to damage or loss
- Liability Coverage protection in the event that someone gets hurt on your property and files a lawsuit against you
If you rent your unit to others… Florida Condo Insurance should also provide Rental-property Protection:
- Fair Rental Value coverage for the loss of rental income if your unit becomes damaged to the point it cannot be lived in
- On Premises Liability protection against lawsuits if your tenant is negligent or in the event that someone is injured while on your property